WarDedicated to the sensible person behind the scientist
- I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace. Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war.
- I do not believe that civilization will be wiped out in a war fought with the atomic bomb. Perhaps two-thirds of the people of the earth will be killed.
- I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones.
- It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.
- You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war.
- Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.
- The pioneers of a warless world are the young men (and women) who refuse military service.
- The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.