RelativityDedicated to the sensible person behind the scientist
- When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
- The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
- To the Master's honor all must turn, each in its track, without a sound, forever tracing Newton's ground.
- The faster you go, the shorter you are.
- The distinction between the past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.
- There is no logical way to the discovery of these elemental laws. There is only the way of intuition, which is helped by a feeling for the order lying behind the appearance.